Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rondo for Curry has been discussed
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Really? I thought he dropped in the draft because he couldn't shoot worth a lick and teams weren't sure that he had enough to make it at the next level.....

The reality of the situation is this: We're not getting Rose, DWill or Paul. We MAY have the chance at a PG just below that tier who's won a ring and is a stellar defender, competitor and distributor (and he's still fairly young).

I take my chances on a guy like that in a heartbeat... warts and all. What I've seen from him on the court is what matters. I'm sure that Anthony Carter is a swell guy and a coach's dream but talent is talent... and Rondo has WAY more.

Yeah, great comparison. Anthony Carter or Rondo...duh. Rondo is not going to be replacing our 36 year old 3rd string PG.

I don't care how much talent he has, although I actually prefer a PG who doesn't have Shaq like FT numbers...bringing in a guy like him at the price the Celts would be asking would prove disasterous for a young rebuilding team like the Raps. Not only in the assets we'd be forced to dole out, but the effect he would have in the locker room. And I'm sure you will take him warts and all after what you've seen, but you don't think if a guy like Doc Rivers who has played and coached in the NBA for nearly 30 years, Danny Ainge who's seen and done it all in the NBA and three future HOF teammates can't get through to him and are ready to wave the white flag that he's ever going to change.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote