Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: Raps should look at Jose for Harris + pick
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Believe it or not, Jose is only 5 months older than Devin. I thought he was 1-2 years older.

It's funny because as recently as last year, the Jazz would not even consider this deal - Devin's been a stud PG for 5 straight years now. However, he's having a really bad season this year, and Earl Watson is playing similar minutes to him (sort of a TJ Ford/Jose Calderon situation).

I would strongly consider this deal if only because of Jose's tendency to get hamstring injuries and Devin's durability. If Jose was healthy, I love his ability to pass the ball and get teammates involved. However, considering the fact that he's had something like 4 hamstring injuries, I think a Jose for Devin + pick trade is a very interesting proposition. It gives us a much better PG defender.

Imagine next year our lineup could be something like Harris/DeRozan/Chandler/Bargnani/Jonas with Bayless, Davis, Johnson, Johnson, Gray, and a high pick off the bench. That's a serviceable young roster with young pieces that can be moved in other deals.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote