Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #390 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
BC is such a horrible GM.

Paying big money to Chandler? I see a Hedo Jose situation. Anyone can put up inflated stats playing for Dantoni.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Plus one. His numbers dropped off considerably in denver. Beware.
I agree with the first part (buyer beware overpaying stats in a D'Antoni system). However, how you make the comparison to Hedo is beyond me.

When we signed Hedo, he was 30 years old, had already been in the league for 10 years, and didn't have the most stellar reputation for hard work. His previous season saw a big statistical decline from his all-star peak the year before that.

Chandler, meanwhile, is only 24 years old, and only has 5 seasons under his belt. The only alarming stat about chandler is his low fg% last season (42%). That was only over a short sample of 21 games. That season for NY (previous 51 games) and the previous year he shot 46% and 48% from the field, respectively.

Chandler is young and still has good upside. The worst case scenario for him (assuming he's perfectly healthy) is about 15ppg in 35 mins a game. However, he's got IMO 20ppg potential; he's a solid 6'8 SF who reminds me more of someone like a young Richard Jefferson than Hedo.

I would seriously consider Chandler for Bargnani money ($10M a season). I think anything over that is a reach and a bad idea.
BballWatcher is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote