Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lakers about to sign Rasheed Wallace
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post

Kobe Bryant only steals/absorbs/takes shots from the perimeter players

THEREFORE

IF Kobe Bryant was not on the Los Angeles Lakers

THEN

Pau Gasol AND Andrew Bynum would be taking exactly the same number of shots as they are right now.

= FLAWED LOGIC
No, that's not what I'm saying. Taking Kobe completely out adds a different dimension. Because if Kobe Bryant was not on the Lakers, the defence would plan differently. The Lakers would then adjust to that different planning. It might even be harder to get the ball inside because then the Lakers would have absolutely no threat on the perimeter to respect, and the defense could totally collapse. My assesment was taking into account what the defense has given the Lakers over the past few seasons. The bigs are actually a bigger part this year.

Not all of Kobe's shots are bad. He should be taking a lot of shots. If he had guys making perimeter shots, sure it would be better if he passed off to them. The increase in his shots this season is coming from the perimeter though. Guys aren't making shots. He's added more perimeter shots, and it coincides with the drop in the number of perimeter shots other guys are taking.

You can't go inside all game long. It's not given to you. That's where your qualitative assesment comes in. And I actually already mentioned that. If you just go inside non-stop, the defence will collapse. You have to have something coming from the outside.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 02-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key