Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Draft Profile: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

not sure if this was posted elsewhere:

Quote:
It’s around this time every year when we start to see some of the top players in the country swear they’re returning to college next season. And then, come April, they go pro anyway.

As a result, most people took Michael Kidd-Gilchrist’s comments after Kentucky’s win over Vanderbilt with a grain of salt.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere. I’m staying at Kentucky,” Kidd-Gilchrist said, according to Brett Dawson of Rivals.com. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Will Kidd-Gilchrist definitely return to school? I have no idea. I wouldn’t doubt that he’s thinking about it, though.

Kidd-Gilchrist is just wired differently than most of the star freshmen and college players these days. He’s always been that way. He has never truly carried himself like a superstar, and even his skillset doesn’t resemble that of a typical “future NBA All-Star.” Kidd-Gilchrist outworks players, he outhustles players and he’s a winner above everything else.
Kidd-Gilchrist: I'm staying at Kentucky - CBSSports.com
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote