Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rumour: Lakers/Orlando/Minnesota deal in the works
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

This trade makes sense for all 3 teams. ORL gets the best deal but Minni gets a proven big who, under coach Adelman, is going to be an ideal fit next to Love and Rubio. Pek off the bench is scary. They still need a 2 guard and if they can somehow get Redick in the deal, it makes a lot of sense to pull the trigger on the deal. Barea was just insurance incase Rubio didn't pan out. Beasley is being shopped for picks. Losing those two is not a big issue. They are losing Williams, but Williams is regarded as a PF by Adelman and their best player plays PF. Gasol would play C when he's on the floor with Love and play C when he's with Pek. Gasol can legit play both positions. I think it makes sense for Wolves from what I've read on their forums. Also, this deal is GREAT for LA. You get the best big in the league...you get Beasley who can play stretch 4 next to Dwight kind of like Rashard Lewis. They would still need a starting PG, but they would still have the TPE + picks to play with. Also, Beasley is expiring so if it doesn't work out, it's fine. Fisher + Walton also become expiring contracts. Amnesty World Peace. This gives the Lakers the best player in the deal plus great financial flexibility. Trade makes sense for all 3 teams but I don't think it's a legit rumour.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote