Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #256 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSWC View Post
I liked Brooks' game, before he went to China, but he's more of a score-first PG - which I don't mind, but I wonder with Bargnani's emergence, if the team is going to want to go with a more "traditional" pass-first PG (which makes me think that they could still hold on to Calderon).

Also, I think that Phoenix still owns his rights, and regardless of what happens to Nash (I doubt he'll return to PHX) that Phoenix will want to hold on to Brooks' rights - I think he's restricted - and it would take a massive offer for the Suns not to match.
One thing I will say is that Brooks is a very good shooter and now that he's 27, maybe a little more mature and under Casey he might be a little more reserved as a shooter and be a solid #2 scorer. A pecking order of Bargnani-Brooks-Chandler/Derozan in the starting lineup would be impressive. I'm not sure how great his D is though.

Last edited by jeffb; 02-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote