Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #195 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
game changers are usually max type players. and that isn't happening. he's an upgrade, young, and seems to be the type of player that could thrive in this system under casey. he'd be a great piece to add........besides, in the second year of a re-build you're not going to get game changers. aquiring talent is the goal right now.
Good points, but for how much we'd have to pay for him, it seems better to save the money. People here are saying $8-12 mil/year - that's about the same as we pay Jose and Bargs who, IMO, are both much better players than Chandler is.

I'd prefer to draft a SF/PG, get a better team on the floor next year (with Bargs back/Jonas/pick), and see what our options are then. I think it makes more sense to wait and really fix the problem - either through the draft or a trade - than try to patch it up with a guy who is a good role player. Maybe Jonas/Bargs will be unstoppable next year and having a player that's slightly more talented than our current SFs will be enough to be competitive/win a few games in the playoffs. But I'm skeptical, and I think we need the game changer. I'd rather wait and improve our team by a lot than overpay and improve by a little.

Last edited by AR1815; 02-23-2012 at 09:09 PM.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key