Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
It's nothing like Hedo. First of all you have no idea what kind of payday he's looking for and secondly, perhaps he wants the chance to start and have an expanded role that isn't available in Denver. Lastly, Hedo was a lot older.

Sorry, but the guy is a massive upgrade over JJ. He's the same age and has a much more complete offensive game and is just as versatile and just as good a defender. And if you doubt me, go back and check out his time on the Knicks - on most nights he was the only guy playing D out there.
That's why I said "a bit"... and not "exactly".

And you know that he's a massive upgrade over JJ? How? "Massive upgrade" would be an all-star talent at the 3-spot. All due respect to Chandler, but I don't think he's that. I remember Chandler very well in NYK. He was definitely solid on both ends... but the concerns that Mike raised above are certainly valid. And I'm not convinced that he'd be as much of an upgrade as you'd suggest based on what I believe JJ is capable of (and what he's currently showing).

We'll see what happens.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote