Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wilson Chandler back from China, flies to Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #112 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
JJ is only in his 3rd season and has made GREAT strides offensively this season.... what makes you think he's peaked?

Some of this smells like the Hedo situation a bit to me... a guy looking for a big payday over anything else.

Don't get me wrong... I'm intrigued by Chandler... but I'm wary. I honestly don't know if he's going to end up being a significant upgrade over what we currently have (when you consider what we're going to pay him).
It's nothing like Hedo. First of all you have no idea what kind of payday he's looking for and secondly, perhaps he wants the chance to start and have an expanded role that isn't available in Denver. Lastly, Hedo was a lot older.

Sorry, but the guy is a massive upgrade over JJ. He's the same age and has a much more complete offensive game and is just as versatile and just as good a defender. And if you doubt me, go back and check out his time on the Knicks - on most nights he was the only guy playing D out there.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote