Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The jose question
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
There is apparently a ton of interest. If BC is doing his job properly, he makes the best deal possible and starts putting some verifiable pieces together rather than holding onto the past. I think there is a good chance this team stinks for the foreseeable future. That includes a future without Jose. We could very well become worse. But we could also start to become a team where potential is realized rather quickly and they go from there. I'm not sure anybody on this team makes that a greater likelihood. There are some that could be part of a sum that is greater than the whole of the parts. I don't think Jose is the guy you look to in that process past next season, so if he has value now, go for it, especially if you can get a decent pick.
I don't buy it (the ton if interest). Think about it, are there that many teams that would be drooling after Jose? There are a lot of great young PGs in the league right now, about half of them on rookie contracts too.

I think there's a lot of interest from a few teams who have little to offer us. Maybe we'll hear some concrete offers once we get close to the deadline, until that, I will take these rumours with a bag of salt.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote