Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Marvin Williams?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i like Williams as long as we arent reaching too much and arent using too much value to get him.
i wouldnt be against barbosa or amir for him.

he's such an unspectacular player that quietly gets the job done. He's been hiding on that Atlanta roster for so long, a change of scenary would be the best thing to happen to him. i could see him thriving here, and failing hard on other teams. he's a right/wrong place type of player, that needs to be in the perfect setting to do damage. he'd do damage here, i think.

we've got a logjam at PF next year.
there wont be enough minutes to go around. Amir is the odd one out.
+1 With JV likely being able to play both frontcourt spots, I just don't see why one of Amir or Ed wouldn't be seen as trade pieces. I like Amir's disposition and attitude but his contract is less favourable while Ed has his own flaws too. If we need to move salary to get Marvin, which I think is the wise route, then Amir makes more sense. Giving Barbosa ends up being less valuable unless we're getting additional value in the way of a pick or something. He's an expiring.... unless Marvin at 8M per is an ideal fit.... which I don't think it is.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote