Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN Screw Up
Thread: ESPN Screw Up
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
poorly written article that is contradictory. it says its absolutely the right move from a public relations perspective but ESPN was wrong to apologize? huh?
and again, it would actually mean something if it was an asian american who said this isn't offense and we're just all over reacting.
It was not poorly written at all, and contained many good and well-thought out points. It is not contradictory. The point made was that there were bigger, more important imperatives at hand than mere public relations. And I'm sorry, but if you're going to apply the racial origins of the writer of this piece to determine whether or not it contains well-thought out points, then I'm a little offended. This article does not suggest that anyone but ESPN over-reacted, and that is where many of us have questions. As far as I'm concerned you can react any way you like. It is how a huge corporate entity addresses those reactions that becomes problematic. I find that in this case there isn't a lot of honesty employed by those with real power.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote