Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The jose question
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
*applause*

Couldn't agree more.
thank you sir, i'm always happy when my "wacky" theories get some support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
The only thing we are going to get in return for Jose is youth. Whether it be in players or picks. There is nothing mind blowing at the other end of a Calderon trade. So basically we jettison all our veteran leadership and stability for a gamble, a maybe. With Val coming in next season we have real potential of having a fantastic pick and roll offense. throwing Jose away for a plus 17 pick is an absolute waste and will create a void at the 1 that will not be filled easily. This draft is looking unpromising at the 1. Bird said it on the BS report two weeks ago "if you a PG hold on to him" because there isn't any thing coming do the pipes.
you make some valid points there. One trade discussed was something like reddick, filler and a pick. You get a role player and a pick.

but i do take your point. Replacing jose would be tough, we shouldn't underestimate that when thinking about possible trades. I can see you think there is no worthwhile trade, i'm interested to see what BC can turn up if a trade is considered.

maybe something involving barbosa and ed is the better way to go.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote