Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA.com Midseason Report Cards
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

I think pretty spot on except for defense and front court. Our defense is (as they say) much improved, and (in my opinion) is more than just a little above average, especially considering that our OppFG% is in the league's top ten. Obviously consistency is a problem, but for a young team, it's to be expected.

And I think they don't give Bargs enough credit in the front court. His play alone, while limited by injuries, had us off to a decent start and he was one of the best big men in the league. The rest of the guys haven't been getting killed in the post, which I think warrants a higher grade. None of our big men are studs (fingers crossed for ED), but someone's been stepping up and playing well pretty much every game; I think our rebound rate (we're dead even with opponents in the RPG category) attests to the fact that they're battling in the post.

Hard to argue with the overall grade, though. I wish they explained the methodology, specifically whether or not team expectations were considered in the grade.

Personally, the only things really disappointing me are Bargs' injury and the lack of effort against teams that we really should beat (Wiz x2, Bobcats). As much as Casey prides himself of toughness and effort, the team didn't show up for several games this season. I know that our talent level - especially with Bargs out - is so low that no team is really to be looked upon as 'inferior,' but it sucks to hear about effort in practice and see the team show up flat against a beatable opponent.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote