Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The jose question
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
I meant instead of Jose for us, not instead of Westbrook. Westbrook was just an example of opposite to Calderon but successful PG. Rubio is in fashion now, but does not impress me that much.
Can you imagine any of the better PGs you mentioned on our team right now instead of Jose? How long would it take for them to get frustrated and require a trade?
or even better - Can you imagine we don't have Jose, wouldn't you like to bring him here?
i knew u meant westbrook for us, i'm just a bit obsessed with not liking him! i have a thing against over-hyped players, in all sports, as well as the trend for high-scoring PGs. Run your team, score when the team needs you to. I just love nash man, will go a whole Q without shooting, then suddenly the team is struggling to score? he steps up and makes big shot after big shot. What a legend.

Rubio is definitely very fashionable, but really surprised you're not impressed by him. His passing is, imo, outstanding, and his scoring has been better than expected. I really believe he will be a huge player in the coming years. I hope he wins ROY over irving, who is good, but not great.

i can imagine those other players you mentioned playing for us next season and not being frustrated, but i do take your point.

when you said would i like Jose if we didn't have him, that did make me think a bit. I understand what you're saying. He's a bit old, has a history of injuries and due to that and inconsistencies over the last 3 seasons you could argue he's not worth his contract. Right now, he prob is worth the money.

there are PGs out there who could develop into what we need, guys i didn't list before. these are debateable of course. Lawson, conley, collison, augustin, etc. Or we could use jose in a trade for another position, an extra high(ish) pick, draft good young talent and take a risk with the PG. FA, Draft, trade for a guy not as good as jose but we take a risk and hope he improves, or accept a weaker PG but the other 4 positions are really solid.

my point all along has been i'm very open to all posiblities. Enjoying the debate tho mate, no sillyness, just saying our opinions.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote