Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The jose question
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

I think, considering the season he's having, we should be looking for either a prospect and late pick, or two late picks. And no way do we take back salary like the Lakers would send us unless we are getting both their picks (LAL + DAL) and a prospect (say, Ebanks). If we can't get an offer like that this year, better to wait for next year, or until the draft anyway.

Orlando is an interesting suggestion - they'd have to send back at least 7.825M to make it work. They do need a PG. So, their 1st this year, JJ Redick and Von Wafer would do it. Don't see it working any other way, unless they are willing to include Anderson as an incentive to take on salary (say, 1st rounder, Anderson, and Glen Davis or Jason Richardson) which I seriously doubt. But I don't know about Orlando's willingness to try to keep Dwight - seems like he's almost gone already - and those suggestions are stretches for Orlando to accept anyway.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote