Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - McGrady unhappy again
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
DonMughal
the boss

Representing:
Thumbs up McGrady unhappy again

Quote:
Tracy McGrady is not happy with the amount of minutes he’s playing in his first year with the Atlanta Hawks, and after playing 4:39 in Saturday night’s 20-point loss in Portland, he made sure everyone knows it.

“I’m tired of this (bleep),” McGrady said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “You can put that in the paper, I don’t give a (bleep).”

McGrady never even got on floor in the second half against the Trail Blazers. He has played in 26 of Atlanta’s 32 games this season—none as a starter—and has averaged 17.5 minutes per game.

Referring to Hawks coach Larry Drew, he added, per the AJC, “If you don’t feel I can help, come tell me that. He ain’t told me nothing. I just want to help these guys win, man, which I know I can. But, damn, four minutes?”

A seven-time All-Star and two-time NBA scoring champ, McGrady’s career has steadily declined over the past several seasons. After averaging 15.6 points per game with the Rockets in 2008-09, he has averaged 8.2 in 2009-10 in Houston and New York, 8.0 in Detroit in 2010-11 and 6.5 this season in Atlanta.

He's not pushing for a trade, however. "Hopefully, I’m here,” he said, according to the report. “I like it here. I like the guys. ... But at the same time, I still can play. No doubt in my mind.”
Tracy McGrady vents about lack of playing time in Atlanta - NBA - Sporting News
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote