Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - My biggest problem with DeRozan
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #70 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

if people want to give up on DD in a season where we're playing a totally different style of ball and he's been asked to learn loads of new things that's fine, but i'm not giving up on him. This is a perfect season for him to learn.

i'm onboard with people's criticisms of him, i've been disappointed and frustrated with him as well. For one, i don't think his bball IQ (one of the most important attributed imo,) is great. Hence the struggles to adapt. It's frustrating when you see him missing open jumpers that he was making in the back-end of last season but to me that doesn't mean he's regressed. Surely people agree that in a more defensive, slow system where there are fewer opportunities for him to shoot it is harder for him? There is no flow to his game like there was last year and he has to adapt.

Bargs being out has obviously hurt him too.

I have taken back my expectations of him a bit, but to give up on him just seems crazy to me. I felt like he was a future all-star or one step below that. I still think he can be one step below all-star.

when the team is better and our offence is actually working the way casey wants it to (the way he described it when he was first interviewed,) DD can be a valuable player for us.

great last 2 posts by LX and bjjs.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote