Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange feels Raptors are better with Ford as their starter
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

We know what we're going to get from Jose? I for one have been very confused as to when and why he brings the ball up extremely slowly, then dribbles, and finally initiates some offence with mere seconds in the shot clock. Even then, often enough, he just passes to someone who is guarded with no good options and no time to spare. That can go on possession after possession until he finally decides to drive the ball a little. It has meant that Bosh has really had to step up as a post player under pressure, so some good has come from it. But now we hear that the plan is to speed things up and get back to finding some early offense.

Bosh says the team is treading water. Sam says that they haven't really figured out how they want to win yet. And they are right, because it's just too soon to say that you know what you get with Jose any more than you do with TJ. They are both developing pgs and they are both headed in pretty much the same direction. TJ needs to be given a bit of a hook to slow him down sometimes. Jose needs a jolt from a cattle prod to get him moving and using his shot more sometimes. But each one at their best, within this system, is not that different from the other.

My preference is for the best of Jose, but I really have not seen much of that this season, like I did last season, good numbers and all. Here's to hoping we see some of that tonight like we did in the good portions of the up and down effort last time out.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote