Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - J.R Smith close to signing with the Knicks
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Any major problem I have with J.R. Smith would be his attitude. I think the Knicks could do better with a Raja Bell type of SG, but I doubt the problem is finding that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
there goes everything good about Lin.

Anthony, Smith and Amare.

Lin will never see the ball to shoot again.
Amare is not a problem. Stoudemire plays well with this type of guard. Hello, Nash/Amare PnR!

Anthony? That's what I'm curious about. But just as there is reason to be concerned, there are reasons to think it might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
howe many assist did billups get when he was on denver with Melo and Smith?

oh yeah, 5.
No. Not exactly.

1 - his first season with Denver he averaged 6.4, which was only a slight drop-off from his last season in Detroit - 6.8. Would you call the Eastern conference champion Pistons chuckers?

2- Billups, despite being in the league for well over a decade, only had a two seasons during which he averaged more than 7 assists.

His career and style of play was not defined by assist totals.

What about Andre Miller?

When he was in Denver, his assists actually went up each year as he played with Melo. His last full season we was averaging 8+ apg and the year he got traded to philly he put up 9+ before he was swapped for Iverson.

Gotta wait and see what happens. But I do agree that the Knicks might be better with a more defensive minded SG who can knock down an open 3. Lin, Melo and Anthony is plenty of offensive power.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote