Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - T.J. Ford Update
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

C'mon now people. What has happened every time TJ has gone down? TJ comes off the bench. So why is this such a shocker, and why assume anything else will be determined long-term because of this? It's about him and the team re-establishing a rhythm and chemistry, and not upsetting the chemistry that has developed while he's been away. He's got to find a new fit into what has been extablished on this young team.

I can see TJ taking on a little lesser role (or just a different role really) due to him and the team wanting to ensure that his career doesn't go off course due to health concerns. I think it might be considered best if he plays all out as usual, but for a few less minutes, and maybe a little less pressure on him. He could be a great sixth man, and play small minutes in games where he wasn't needed so much (especially on defense), and bigger minutes, including the end of games where that is more appropriate. But we'll have to see.

And if Jose does not get out and run and find some early offense tonight, like Sam says they've been working on, then him being the starter for the unforeseeable future doesn't make me automatically giddy. There's much yet to see there as well.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote