Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - My biggest problem with DeRozan
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
where did this uber-athletic bs come from? He is not uber-athletic, nor will he ever be. He is not a super hero nor a harvard grad. He's a kid with some tools that is learning a whole new role, and he is doing a good job of not killing the team while he's doing it.

I'll agree that he still needs to work on his body, and keep getting better defensively. That's a given.

As for SJ putting him at the bottom of the league for his position across all categories - simply pure baloney. He is 7th in points per game. He is 6th in freethrows made, and 5th for free throws attempted. He's 22 for assists per game. He's 12th in steals and 12th in blocks and 9th in rebounds. And as long as he keeps working on an appropriate role, and not what fans want him to be, he's going to be able to make an impact. Maybe he still doesn't fit in the long run, but he's hardly about to be drummed out of the league.
He has good defensive instincts. He knows where to get steals on the court. I loved the play tonight where he bodied out Green to get position on the fast break.

He does a lot of small things which don't show up in the boxscore, and when he's passing the ball he is almost always a positive out on the court. Being on a team where there is pressure to score the basketball doesn't help his cause.

My concern with Demar is that he and Jose have never meshed really that well together. With the exception of throwing Demar baseline oops off of pick and rolls with a big, Jose has never really found away to get Demar easy buckets the same way he has with Amir or Bargs or even Kleiza.

Last edited by bjjs; 02-15-2012 at 09:51 PM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote