Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Floyd Mayweather's tweet
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Carlito Caliente
no more AA and Primo Pasta

Representing:
Default Floyd Mayweather's tweet

Mayweather tweeted on Monday: "JEREMY LIN IS A GOOD PLAYER BUT ALL THE HYPE IS BECAUSE HE'S ASIAN. BLACK PLAYERS DO WHAT HE DOES EVERY NIGHT AND DON'T GET THE SAME PRAISE."

I WAS a huge Mayweather fan, but what he said here pissed me off now i'm more of a FAIRweather fan than anything. Floyd was knocking on Pacquiao too for the same reason that he's an Asian thats why he getting all the pub. HELL NO! LIN ain't got recognized because he Asian...lets face it, basketball is not an Asian sport and in order for Lin to exceed expectations he needs to not only prove himself in the game he loves but also needs to overcome the social and racial barriers to make a name for himself. Matter of fact, he actually went through more obstacles than black athletes do just because he Asian. That's why Jeremy Lin got cut twice by Golden State and Houston because he Asian he's not suppose to be a baller....didn't even get a chance to prove he belongs. It would be like me saying in '97 Tiger Woods is a good player but he getting all the hype because he Black in a white men's sport of golf. Just shut ur trap FAIRweather and stop dodging Pacquiao...you would have to TKO Pacquaio to earn my respect again. STOP playing the race card because only insecure people play the race card. Jeremy Lin hustled his way into the history book of the NBA and he deserves ALL the accolades he getting now. NO ONE believed him except for himself....the cultural significance of Lin's ascent doesn't resonate nearly as much as his talents period.

Like Lebron said, if Lin can play, then he can play...that's all it's about. This game doesn't judge race. It judges your ability to play. shut up and enjoy the Jeremy Lin show, oh and fight with ur hands not your big mouth.
Carlito Caliente is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote