Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sell High
Thread: Sell High
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Portland could use him. And they have pieces we could use. I'd like a decent pick though.
Yeah, Portland coud definitely use him, assuming Crawford and Felton continue to build brick houses. I'm not sure they'd be willing to give up the pieces we want though, unless they are really desperate to win now. I have trouble seeing us getting Batum or Matthews. I assume those are the pieces you are referring to. Maybe we get one if it's a larger deal where we send back another rotation player with Jose. I can definitely see them relinquishing a pick though, because it almost certainly won't be a lotto if they have a healthy Jose knocking down enough shots to keep the opposing D honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
That would probably create quite the PG controversy over there with Felton already on the roster...
Nope. Felton is shooting bricks. So is Crawford. If they traded for Jose, it would be because that problem has continued. They're costing Portland close games. That's why LX has a point.

Also, Felton is an expiring. Portland has little invested in Felton. So what if he gets upset? Let him walk. Nobody in Portland is going to be wondering who should be starting. People who don't watch Portland might, but nobody in Portalnd's organization will.

There is also the possibility that we take Felton back. Since he is expiring, that's one way of eliminating Jose's contract, assuming that's a route BC wants to take. I'm not saying that's the best deal for us, or likely, just saying it works for a particular plan. You take Felton, if he continues to suck, that helps you tank and create huge cap space right away. If Felton turns things around, then maybe you negotiate a new contract with him. You give the car a test drive and decide whether or not to to buy it.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote