Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The super-duper, all-in-one Jeremy Lin thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #418 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Against NJ, Washington, and a Utah team with holes and on an off-night. Is it possible to have just a little perspective? Not to mention that the Knicks could beat anyone on any given night when their shooters hit the 3's.

Bayless lead his team to victory in much the same manner, and while his team was down by 28 or something. Against Detroit. In the end it didn't really matter all that much.
Did you see me (or SJ) hyping Bayless after that DET game? I don't think so.... and that's because, as I said, there's a marked difference between a player getting hot and making shots (which many bench/scrub players have done in the past) and performing the way that Lin has been over NYK's past 3 games.

It's really comparing apples to oranges.

NYK has sucked this year. Anyone who's watched them play has literally cringed at how bad they've been. Hoisting 35-40 3s a game.... selfish iso play... zero ball movement... that's all changed since Lin has been inserted. Their roster without Melo and Amare (and Baron) is downright laughable. The only guy who'd start on any other team in the league is probably Chandler... and yet they've won the last 3 games.

Why is it so difficult to believe that GMs could have just missed the boat on this guy? Happens all the time. That's how guys like Boozer, Millsap and Redd end up going 2nd round. It's how guys like Parker and Ginobili end up getting chosen 28th or 29th overall. Lin himself admitted that he wasn't a great "solo workout" guy because he really wasn't going to do anything that would wow you athletically.... but play him 5-on-5 and he's magic because he has a bball IQ that's far beyond most rooks (esp. at the PG spot). He just knows how to play the game. Plain & simple.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote