Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Billups gone for the season
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Northern Neighbour
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
from a basketball perspective it doesn't really hurt them that much because i think at SG, Mo and Billups are a wash. I do think this hampers their ability to be players at the trade deadline, it gives them less to work with. I figured they'd be able to package Mo and a pick to get a nice SG but it looks like for now they're gonna bank on JR Smith.
I think Billups' injury hurts the Clippers a lot. First, the Clippers' depth is significantly affected. If they move Williams to the starting lineup, they lose their best scorer off the bench. If they keep Williams on the bench and start Foye, they lose a perimeter scoring threat, especially one able to hit the deep 3. Foye is just too erratic to be a starter.

Second, Billups is a very good defender, including against SGs. Williams isn't a good defender. Foye is adequate against PGs but he struggles against bigger SGs.

Third, the Clippers will miss Billups' leadership and calm presence on the court. Williams can be play out of control at times while Foye is extremely inconsistent.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote