Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ridiculous blatant anti-Toronto sports journalism
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
neojiphre
cool

Representing:
Default Ridiculous blatant anti-Toronto sports journalism

Ok so I watched last night's game and it was certainly a decent game although we lost. I always like to read box scores and PBPs after the game to look at stats, etc. Few things interested me.

My favourite moment in the game was when james johnson sent back nick young's shot to force OT. Well that thing isn't even recorded on the box score and play-by-play

Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards - Box Score - February 06, 2012 - ESPN

same with NBA.com take a look at JJ's BS column and the PBP tab

Games | NBA.com

Quote:
00:10.2 Team Timeout : Regular
00:10.2 Vesely Substitution replaced by Evans
Calderon Substitution replaced by Carter 00:10.2
Johnson Substitution replaced by Johnson 00:10.2
00:00.9 Wall Jump Shot: Missed
Carter Rebound (Off:0 Def:1) 00:00.9
Team Timeout : Short 00:00.9
00:00.9 Evans Substitution replaced by Vesely
Carter Substitution replaced by Calderon 00:00.9
Calderon Turnover : Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal:Wall (2 ST) 00:00.7
Also if you watch the game recap video, it shows a highlight of nick young's 3-pointer in the 2nd (the one he made in front of his bench where he got fouled by ED), and in the video the guy says he converted the 4 point play. IIRC, he didn't (he missed the FT).

Also on ESPN recap's page it says

Quote:
Trevor Booker hit the first of two free throws with 6.7 seconds left. Young rebounded Booker's miss, was fouled and hit the second of two free throws with 1.5 seconds left to make it 111-108. Linas Kleiza's 3-point attempt at the buzzer fell short.
when it was Caldy who airballed it.

I'm just wondering why these journalists and statisticians make these kind of simple mistakes on Raptor games. I have seen this kind of thing happen too many times and it just seem that they have monkeys doing the job when its our team playing. Perfect example of NBA's hate to the city of Toronto - makes me remember the time when Ed got drafted and reporters asking questions about taxes.

Last edited by neojiphre; 02-07-2012 at 03:05 AM.
neojiphre is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote