Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - CBS sports: Colangelo's future in Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Raptors CBS sports: Colangelo's future in Toronto

Quote:
4. Raptors: Despite the apparent stability in Toronto, speculation persists among rival front office sources that team president Bryan Colangelo remains uncertain of his future with the team. As with the Petrie situation, I'm dubious. The imminent removal of the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan component of the ownership group bodes well for Colangelo, who was not held in high regard by key members of that group. The remaining power broker, chairman of the board Larry Tanenbaum, has long been a Colangelo supporter. My read on Colangelo's situation is that he's comfortable with ownership's perception of the plan to shift to a defensive mindset under coach Dwane Casey and that he assuaged any concerns by welcoming former Sixers and Nets executive Ed Stefanski into the front office. I don't see any major upheaval on the horizon.

Postups: Recent coach changes may foreshadow ouster of some GMs - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote