Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How would you feel
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idream View Post

he used to be a headache
Different situation, in my opinion. The reward was higher. Z-Bo was a 20/10 player before Memphis picked him up. He looked like a clown when playing with the Knicks, but that was also a toxic enviroment that made a number of players do silly shit. Memphis had an open spot at PF, and there was no reason to believe the Grizz could get a better PF in the near future. Heisley was really desperate to make something happen soon, too, because the Grizz were losing money and hadn't been to the playoffs in a few years.

Toronto is not as desperate financially, to my knowledge. They can afford to be a bit patient with the rebuild. The payoff for taking a risk on J.R. Smith is not as high. If we were going to take a risk on a whacky personality, I would have liked to take a risk on Beasley last year. He had 2 straight team options that would have enabled the team to cut him if he did anything too stupid. J.R. Smith's agent will probably con some team into giving him MLE money, or close to it. I, too, would be uncomfortable making that type of commitment to J.R Smith.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 02-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote