Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Raptors have a problem on their hands
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
bladeofBG
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Representing:
Raptors

Demar's shooting slump started in our 1st matchup vs. NJN this season, but then he was our best player when we played them most recently in our W against them, so we could scratch that as the source of his struggle. After careful thought, his struggles can be narrowed down to 1 or a combo of 3 possibilities (Billy I might need ur halp! ):

Theory #1:

Demar's infected himself w/Dan Majerle syndrome! NBA.com: Dan Majerle Player Info

For those not privaleged to have watched NBA ball in the 90s or are otherwise unaware, Dan Majerle used to be known as 'Thunder Dan,' as he was a ferocious slasher who could throw it down or finish otherwise. However, he then fell in love w/the 3pt shot when Charles Barkley got traded to the Suns, and slowly but surely, his 3pt attempts began eclipsing his slashing game, the original main reason he found success as an NBA all-star.

Perhaps Demar too, has fallen in love w/his newfound 3pt shot, at the expense of his slashing game.

Theory #2:

Perhaps he wasn't mentally ready for the responsibility of D'ing up to go w/being a primary scorer in Coach Casey's sytem. This theory is rather weak, as Demar's an athlete with excellent gifts and an excellent motor. What's more, Coach Casey has seemed to improve his substitution patterns as of late, thus very much minimizing any chance of burning out Demar.

Theory #3:

Young Demar, and I reckon Ed Davis as well (who hasn't asserted himself with his nice post moves or smooth shot much, though as of late he's played better), is being intimidated against his will by these behind-the-scene agents (*Cough* that slimy motherfucker David Falk *cough*) to play bad, in order to lower his value, all to get him out of Toronto the sooner & thus keep us down & send him to improve a team that's got a prime player or coach or GM or even owner that's submitted fully under these criminal agents control. A Vince Carter or Chris Bosh situation all over again for us, only sooner.

I've learned there's always dirty business going on when there's as much money as there is in NBA ball, and the politicking and coercion always soon follows.
-------------------

All Demar (& Ed, or anyone else not playing their best right now) needs to do is remember his slashing bread & butter, trust in solid play instead of extraordinary play (he doesn't need a 12-16 FG game in order to break out of his slump; solid play on both ends w/confidence will suffice), remember that 3pt shooting should be kept in its place within his package (except when he's exceptionally hot, of course), call for a rest when/if he needs it, and understand that agent's intimidation tactics (and that of their nutworks) always get thwarted once you decide to expose them to the right people, among other things I could say.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote