Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amnestying Amir: Would you consider it?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

The Killing Joke
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Amnestying Amir: Would you consider it?

Interesting question

As Iíve stated, I love Amirís hustle, his highly efficient offence, his work on the boards and his athletic defence. From what I can gather from listening and watching him talk, Iím sure I would like him as a person too. But in the cut-throat world of professional sports, where winning should be the main focus, being a good guy who works hard canít be what carries you throughout your career.

At some point, Amir is going to have to finally break out if he wants to justify his fairly large contract for a role player.

Iím rooting for Amir, and hoping that his play ensures we never have to think about this possibility, but itís not fair to quickly throw the amnesty option out there for some players, and totally ignore the elephant in the room that is Amir Johnsonís contract.

If Colangelo and the Raptors do end up using their amnesty clause option, can you really find a more worthy candidate right now?
Amnestying Amir – Would You Consider It? | RaptorBlog | Blogs | theScore.com
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote