Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - TSN's Chisholm's Mid Season Impression of the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default TSN's Chisholm's Mid Season Impression of the Raptors

Some of you might remember Tim Chisholm from the interview I did with him at EBS this past summer, but today online at TSN they asked 4 members from various media outlets (Heaney, Doug Smith, Michael Grange and Tim) their opinions on the first half of this season.

I think Tim's impression so far has been the best I've read to date so far. Bang on if I say so myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN.ca
Tim Chisholm, TSN.ca: Overall it'd be hard to say that the Raptors have been anything but mediocre. Certainly no one could have reasonably expected a repeat of the kind of quantum leap the team made last season, but by that same token there was no reason to believe that the team would look so ho-hum through the first third of the season.

While Chris Bosh has looked, at least in the last handful of games, better than he has at perhaps any point in his career, the team around him seems as mediocre as they have in the last sixteen months or so. There is an alarming lack of aggression in any aspect of the way the team plays, particularly as it relates to boxing-out for rebounds or rotating on defense to keep up with ball movement. To watch the Raptors this year has been an exercise in frustration because all too often the team looks satisfied being average. They'll beat the teams they're supposed to beat - despite awkwardly close results - and they'll be satisfied losing to the teams they see as better than they are.

As is so often the case with teams that float around .500, the talent on the roster isn't really the issue, per se, it's the application of that talent that has been suspect, by both players and coaches. As a result, the overall performance of the team so far can be fairly accurately illustrated by their record: just a smidgen above middle-of-the-road.
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote