Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raps Original Jersey's: Mason to Oak Quote.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Of course they should have stuck with the blue and remained true to the city's sporting identity.

Red and blacks is ass. Raptors marketing is ass. The team's image is a joke. From day 1. TFC's marketing is just as bad. surprise it's another MLSE team. You know what? I'm sure there were board room discussions about changing the Leafs logo or bringing in another colour to their look. You know why? because Schmuks run (or at least ran) MLSE.
I love black and red and have always found the blue and white colour scheme boring anyway. Ultimately, they made a great decision by going from purple to red imo. As for our image being a joke, it's because of the original Jersey's and the fact that we haven't won shit, not because of our current colours. Win something and we'd no longer be a joke. LAC have always been a joke, let's see if it stays that way now that they're likely going to start winning. I think the black road jersey's are one of the better ones in the league to be honest. Most cities don't all have the same colours when they have several major league sports teams. Can you imagine the LAL in boring Dodger colours. To each his own, i just rather stay with the current colour scheme. A change in the jersey would be fine, especially getting rid of the chevrons which is my only issue with the uniforms. Besides, every team in this city is marketed poorly, and most are blue and are all have poor images

Last edited by jeffb; 02-02-2012 at 03:15 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote