Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - T.J. Ford Update
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Oh yeah... sure... this was EXACTLY what you were saying...

Please... what Sam is doing is completely within common sense and it's the OPPOSITE of what you were saying. Sam didn't make a point of saying anything about what he would do if Ford was 100%. In fact, i'd venture to say that they wouldn't bring Ford back into the lineup untill he was 100% or pretty damn close to it.

No my friend, Sam is saying exactly what me and others were hoping he'd say. That he'd ride Jose out as the starter for the rest of the year because another option wouldn't be the right one.
IMO you're reading into this report more than me(ala 'what we've been hoping he'd say'). I've been saying all along, back and 100%. There are no direct quotes from Sam in this article, just second hand reporting of his comments. Not putting pressure on him means that he's not going to be rushed back in and that with Jose they have the luxury to do it that way. It is common sense but it doesn't mean TJ has lost his starting job...it means until TJ shows he's ready to take it back he won't.

Again... since we're just reading second hand statements it's best to wait until we actually see what happens but I maintain that when TJ is back at 100% he will be starting and i'll bet money on that
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote