Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sources: Raptors Open To Trading Calderon
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
DSWC
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
I think now's a good time to move Calderon. He's not going to get better than what he is showing right now. Plus, he's performing up to his potential- able to rack up an efficient double-double game- without the injuries. If we are going to get the most value for him, it would be now.

And I'm with Claudius, we don't need a returning point guard. At this point of the season, it is evident that we are not competing this season. We might as well get a better option at point guard during the off season with a go at free agency. In addition, it doesn't make sense for a team to give up a point guard to get Calderon; any takers for Jose would probably look for help at the PG position.
Agreed! Especially about the injuries thing... He's healthy right now, but if his hammy goes down (anti-jinx), so does his trade value again.

Ideally, I'd trade Jose + a piece, for a young PG prospect and an expiring and/or low draft pick.
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote