Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SI: Bargnani now a leader
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
First of all.

LeBronterage - YouTube

And second of all, I agree that Andrea shouldn't be compared to Dirk. I would argue that the Dirk comparison is what has held Andrea back for so long, as some people would look at Andrea's playstyle coming out of the draft and proclaimed him a "poor man's Dirk". And when his numbers over his first few seasons came up short compared to Dirk's, people got frustrated with him. Andrea is not Dirk, and it would be unfair to him to make such a comparison. He is Andrea Bargnani, not AnDirka Bargwitzki.

But the All-Star game is in less than a month, and Andrea has been playing like one of the best big-man in the East so far, so I wouldn't say an All-Star selection is out of the question. If anything it's his health that will affect that decision.
Yeah, i agree he's played like an all-star and if he can stay relatively healthy and keep playing like this imo is in the running for MIP. As for the All-Star game, he won't be voted in that's for sure and it's going to be up to the coaches to pick him and we'll see. It would be great to see him in the All-star game, if for nothing else it would continue to elevate his confidence and validate his hard work.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote