Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SI: Bargnani now a leader
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Dark Knight
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I've given him credit. Even in the post you replied to i said how i LOVE the way he's playing. But it's going to take a lot more than 12-13 games to get to declare him a great all-star or compare him to Dirk. Sorry, you can do it all you want, be my guest. I'm going to sit back, enjoy it and see if it lasts. I give him a lot of credit for finally playing the way he is, but it's taken so long...forgive me if i'm a little cautious, but it's my perogative (insert bobby brown reference here).
First of all.

And second of all, I agree that Andrea shouldn't be compared to Dirk. I would argue that the Dirk comparison is what has held Andrea back for so long, as some people would look at Andrea's playstyle coming out of the draft and proclaimed him a "poor man's Dirk". There will never be another Dirk. So when AB's numbers over his first few seasons came up short compared to Dirk's, people got frustrated with him. Andrea is not Dirk, and it would be unfair to him to make such a comparison. He is Andrea Bargnani, not AnDirka Bargwitzki.

However, having said that, I believe that Andrea can keep up his stellar play. The All-Star game is in less than a month, and Andrea has been playing like one of the best big-man in the East so far, so I wouldn't say an All-Star selection is out of the question. If anything it's his health that will affect that decision.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 01-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote