Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Gallinari extended
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
more than AB.... wow.
Yes, but AB was signed a few years ago when the market was a bit lower. I would guess that at no point during the contract will Gallo be making more than Bargnani is making during that same season. For example, if Gallo's deal starts at $9 mill, that's under what Bargs is making. Andrea makes $12 mill by the final year of his extension, and when he signs a new contract it will probably be for $12+ per (assuming he continues to play well). There won't be a single season in which Gallo makes more, until much later in their careers, if ever.

I think it's too early to call this a good or bad deal for Denver. It's reasonable. He's a respectable 23 y/o SF who can guard small PFs, hit outside shots and get to the FT line at a decent clip. When a player comes off a rookie contract, there is always a bit of speculation about improvement, because most players are not fully developed at that stage. Rarely is the deal based solely on what the player is doing "right now".

That's why we got Bargs so cheap, and that's why his deal was controversial to some. At the time of the signing, Bargs probably was not worth $10 per. But, during the season prior to the signing, he showed flashes of what could be, so BC locked him up on the assumption that he would put it together. Bargnani's agent jumped on the deal, seemingly underestimating what Bargs would be capable of down the road. There's frequently speculation and guessing involved.
There were total clowns who complained about Bargnani's contract, even during this offseason. It looks amazing right now.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 01-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote