Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Did we overrate our youth?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyaaa View Post
LEt's face in, Amir is terrible. What basketball skills does he actually have? Yeh - he works hard but I'd work hard for 5+ mil a season. He's exactly the kind of player which has landed us in this position. BC seems happy to sign below average players based solely on 2 aspects

1) 'Potential'
2) Willingness to be here.

This is the worst Raptor team I've ever seen. If you think we'll be vastly improved next season you're kidding yourself.
I totally disagree about Amir. He is a good young player that does hustle (usually) and clearly knows his role. He doesn't demand touches, take too many ill-advised shots or sulk over minutes. He's a solid third big, but we're relying on him as a top two..... With Andrea out it's even more of a discrepancy as he's used as a primary role and he's not capable.

Willingness to be hear is a good thing given our struggles to attract players with our poor winning history and lack of star power since the Vince days.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote