Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Should we trade a first round pick this year for an impact player?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
box92
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
So, our biggest needs are at PG/SF. This draft seems to be heavy at the PF/C positions (where I would say and others as well, we're solid).

That opens up possibilities of possibly trading this pick.

I look at two teams specifically.

Firstly, OKC COULD trade Westbrook for certain assets. If we had a top 5 pick, I wonder if we could grab him (it would all be dependent upon signing and I'm not sure if that's even capable right now). But a package of a high lottery pick + Jose for Westbrook + future first/exchange of firsts, I wonder if it would be enticing.

Secondly, I'd call Boston and see what it would take to grab Rondo. I would argue Boston would happily take that deal and run. They're aging and looking to rebuild. Their best asset is Rondo and if they were able to grab a guy like Anthony Davis, I think they would look long and hard at that trade. Plus, Rondo's defensive mentality would fit with this team's new mentality.

The nice thing about about both options is that they're still both relatively young. They're not 29 going on 30.

We're already a young team and we need veteran pieces. I think this could be the year where we may trade a high lottery pick for a necessary piece.

Only if we could also package davis and barbosa and get a mid first and get MKG
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote