Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Does Jose get amnestied/traded no matter what?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #97 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Ultimately, it's really impossible to rank players accurately because there are so many variables like age, salary , contract length, injury risks, how well a player can fit a system and so on.
sure. we aren't talking trade value here though. otherwise obviously Nash is nowhere in the same 'tier' as Rose. Or Kidd and John Wall.
And even Calderon being in a higher 'tier' than Chalmers is hardly true in that case. I don't think Miami would give Chalmers for Calderon when you consider all those variables. Their on the court impact isn't far apart WHEN both are healthy, before you account for huge difference in health, age, salary.

Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I get that, but again, if you want to have the slightest hope of getting some kind of agreement between 10+ people on this topic, it's this approach.

I just think you need to make some compromises in order to get more people on board with however you're ranking these players.
fair enough. i simply don't think that getting a ranking more liked by fans (esp fans in a single team's forum) necessarily makes it better.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote