Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SF Going Forward
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Originally Posted by thought View Post

My question is what do you want to see happen with the small forward position now and in the long-term?

What do you think will happen?
I'd take those questions seperately, since what I'd like to happen probably won't happen.

Here is my video game plan that probably wouldn't work:

Step 1:

Trade Barbosa to Lakers (they have a TPE) at the trade deadline for the Mavs 2012 1st round pick

Step 2:
Bayless (S&T) + Ed Davis to Memphis for O.J. Mayo (S&T)

Step 3:

Use cap space for lopsided trade during this offseason:

Demar + 2013 1st rounder for Iguodala

Iggy has a jumpshot now. He's willing to share the rock and he plays defense. I know some people think he lacks leadership, but the upside to his game is worth giving Casey a chance to handle him.

Step 4:

Sign George Hill to an offer sheet and steal him from the Pacers. He's not really sexy, but he plays defense and can hit a shot. And, if B.C. overpays a little, he might just be able to steal him. Maybe send the Pacers the 2012 Mavs pick in order to get them to let Hill go. Hill might work really well next to a playmaking SF like Iggy.

Step 5:

Draft BPA with 2012 pick (this summer)

To accomplish this plan, it might be necessary to amnesty someone. Not necessarily Jose; maybe Kleiza. Depends if there is any other filler sent to Philly.

2012-2013 video game Raptors

*and 2012 pick to go where needed

As for what I think will happen, maybe we get a good pick in 2012 and then we strike out pretty bad in the FA market. I'm not that hopeful.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 01-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote