Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Does Jose get amnestied/traded no matter what?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
have a look at the roster..you'll see.
ok, let's do that...

Toronto Raptors Team Salary | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

i think we can safely assume that guys like magloire, carter, butler, weems and gray don't matter. but we can also assume that other guys will have to be signed in their places. i would also think that, if colangelo is hoping not to tank again next year, that he won't just sign guys for minimum 1 year deals. this means that, even if no big names are signed, we're likely to spend more on the bench mob than we do now. one oddball is barbosa, and who knows what will happen with him. maybe he comes back, maybe he gets traded, maybe he just disappears. regardless, we have to sign lots of players for next year.

-we have a high-ish draft pick (a few million there) and valanciunas (a few more million). bayless is up, so he will need to be signed (his QO is $4mil) or we will need to get another pg. so between those 3 guys we're looking at $10 mil, give or take.

-in the next 3 years, amir goes to $6, $6.5 and $7 mil.

-james johnson has a QO of $4 mil coming up in 2013-14, unless he gets an extension before that. depending on how he performs, we may be paying him more or losing him.

-derozan is due for an extension as jose expires, and if he can play, i don't think colangelo is going to want to wait until the offseason to do that (a la cb4). there's another multi-million, multi-year deal right there.

after all that, we still need guards (both 1 and 2), a starting SF, and probably a bench big or 2. at least. assuming that these aren't minimum salary guys, i don't see how we will spend less than $15 mil, at the very least, on these guys.

so where does that leave us? i'll tell you one thing for sure, it leaves us with not much cap room. and if we sign any more large-ish salaries on the way, we can pretty much guarantee we'll be over the cap by a wide margin.

but what do i know?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote