Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Does Jose get amnestied/traded no matter what?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

I still say he's gonna get hurt down the road this season due to the schedule. And it'll derail whatever he's done this first month. I also think he won't be our starting PG next season, now whether or not he's the backup or not remains to be seen. I remember BC being asked about the amnesty around training camp when he was on the fan590. He said he hasn't ruled it out, and that it depends on what deals are available to him through trade & FA next summer. We'll have 10Mil in capspace going into next summer, and if a deal makes sense for us i have a feeling someone will be amnestied and he makes the most money next season. I think the idea of having 20Mil in capspace instead of 10Mil will very much intregue Colangelo. I also believe that he doesn't see Jose here long term as this franchise tries to compete for a championship or at least playoff success. So it's either keep him as a ten million dollar backup next season and have his salary come off the books in 2013, or trade/amnesty him in the summer of 2012 for added capspace. My bet is he won't be here next season, how that happens is anyone's guess.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote