Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is Andrea Bargnani finally living up to his billing as the No. 1 pick?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
ollyaaa
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Usually you need your SG or SF to be the man, since DD isn't number 1 material i really hope a bold move is made to bring that number 1 guy in either at SF or PG.
Why do you want a number 1 PG after JUST STATING you need a SG or SF to be the man?! Typo surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
i never said they wouldn't. All i'm saying and was saying is that Centers/PF as franchise players don't usually work. Dominant bigs make great secondary stars, but most contenders have the SG-SF spots as their main franchise player other than Dallas of course. Bosh should have never been our "franchise player", nor should Bargnani be our franchise player and i doubt Val will be that franchise player. IMO our franchise player when we hope to contend isn't here yet.
Fair enough. You're obviously a guy who is into his blueprints for success. Personally I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference which position your star player plays. That's what makes basketball one of the most dynamic sports to watch IMO. To be honest, I'd rather have MOST of the scoring through what is (traditionally) the highest FG% yeilding position.
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote