Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is Andrea Bargnani finally living up to his billing as the No. 1 pick?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1815 View Post
The past decade or so there have been many more talented swingmen than centers, but I think that having a superstar/franchise player at any position can lead to a championship. Guys like Shaq, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, and David Robinson carried their teams not so long ago. They had great overall teams, but it was really the play of the big men that got them to win. I think Shaq in Miami was instrumental to them winning the championship, as he was in LA; the Spurs won because of Robinson/Duncan; the Mavs last year were carried by Dirk - not a center, but he was the best big man in the playoffs. Even a guy like Dwight, who has almost no offensive game besides putbacks and dunks, was able to get his team to the finals.
I agree, but i was talking more about the way the league is now. And was Shaq the #1 guy in Miami? He put them over the top obviously and was i guess a 1a.

Last edited by jeffb; 01-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote