Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why is rasual butler allowed to shoot 3's?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I understand your point, but I also ask, why rush to reward players with starting jobs? Let JJ prove he can minimize his propensity to take dumb fouls, continue to improve his range and offensive arsenal, and maintain his energy as a solid bench guy. What's the rush to always change starters?
i think in a year when the roster is set and you're in win now mode, there wouldn't/shouldn't be a rush to rotate starters as they get hot and cold. this is a transition year, a "building" year. i don't think rasual butler is in this team's long-term plans. i do think JJ with his energy, athleticism, effort is a guy you want going forward...so just thinking big picture i don't see why you wouldn't want to start him and give dude as many minutes as possible, if only to see if he can show you anything that would warrant him being a long-term asset.

JJ's lack of an offensive game is irrelevant as long as RB keeps throwing up bricks. Even if RB hits a couple threes a game, what JJ gives you everywhere else I think outweighs RB's one dimensionality.

and i guess the "starter" title itself isn't a huge deal but usually you associate an increase minutes with a starter's role whether he's already playing more minutes or not.
thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote