Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Val named player of the year
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
ValanciunasFanboy
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Representing:

those are extremely high expectations. Jonas is kind of one dimensional right now. so is Bargs. I wouldn't expect miracles next year from that pairing.
but long term, there's hope.
Jonas has to develop some sort of back to the basket game, get much better at boxing out, get stronger. Certainly improve defensively all around. And also the passing issue --- Jonas tunnel visions, Bargs tends to do the same (or rather used to until this year, hopefully he keeps this up), something's got to give.
You need a Hakeem if you want a perfect fit for Bargs.

but of course, if you have to make a choice between Ed Davis and current Bargs, it's Bargs all the way.

what I would love to see.... is a Jonas pairing with one of Robinson/Davis from 2012 draft. Strong, high energy. Davis can defend almost anyone anywhere like a young KG, Robinson is a big more Noah like, back to the basket, bigger but can also move around and defend pretty much any kind of forward.
Either of those pairings could become the highest energy, best defensive frontcourts in the NBA.
Well, but that's all 'ifs'.
For now, I don't see any reason to shop Bargs unless you get more talent in return.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote