Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Barbosa for Ebanks?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Lakers Barbosa for Ebanks?

From a LAL poster @ realgm so it's likely complete horseshit.....

If it includes Walton, then no way Jose. His contract doesn't run out until 2013.

Quote:
I haven't made many posts lately but maybe a few of you recall the posts I made in the past "One Love" a few years back when we picked up Gasol... I will not get into "sources" or anything of that nature but the Lakers are in advanced discussions to acquire Barboso (preference) or possibly Bayless (fallback) from Toronto... Toronto is looking for an upgrade at the SF postion and covets Ebanks but Lakers are trying to unload Barnes & picks (apparently offered Ebanks if they take Waltons contract)... Both players are in the last year of their contracts and Barbosa makes $7.6 million and Bayless makes $3 million...

I do think both would be upgrades but I do like Ebanks allot... Brown is pushing for more speed in the backcourt and apparently has Jim's ear... I have also been told that Minny is consistenly trying to get Pau (play with Rubio and allow Williams to get time) by dangling Love but Lakers continue to rebuff but are getting receptive... There are huge salary issues with that trade as Pau makes $18.7 million and K Love makes $4.6 million (nobody on Minnys roster makers ore than $7 million a year)...
RealGM • View topic - Lakers in Discussions with Toronto - One Love
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote